Out Of The Office Doesn’t Mean Out Of Luck.
Sickness and injuries happen at all hours. So, if your child needs to be seen after office hours or on the weekend, here’s what to do:
- Visit the St. Francis Pediatric Emergency Room (you don’t need to call ahead for an appointment).
- If you prefer an urgent care center, try the PediStat Urgent Care at 3354 East 51st St. (51st & Harvard) or Warren Clinic Urgent Care at 6160 S. Yale.
- Before going anywhere, check to see what facility your insurance covers!
If You’d Rather Call Us …
Our phones are forwarded to an answering service after office hours.
If you have a life-threatening emergency, call 911!
- If you have a non-life-threatening emergency that cannot wait until the next day, there is a prompt in the message for you to reach the physician. You will be called back either by the physician on call, or a nurse who can reach the physician if needed.
- There will be a $25 charge for all routine refill requests and non-urgent calls after office hours. This fee will not be billed to your insurance company.
- If you have the doctor paged:
- Be sure to remove call block from your phone, otherwise we cannot call you back.
- Have a pen and paper ready to write instructions.
- Have your pharmacy phone number and be sure the pharmacy you want to use is open.